Wednesday 19 June 2013

I Step Once More Into the Fray...

So, I was just perusing the bookshelves in a local Oxfam charity shop (nothing new there) when I  spotted a notice asking for a 'book worm' to volunteer to sort and price books! Well how could I walk past a notice like that? During term time at University I volunteer at an Oxfam, but mainly sorting donations and working the till so I never have the opportunity to get my hands on very many books. I'm still job-hunting for a paid vacancy in a shop or something, but this is too good an opportunity to miss! I'll be gaining experience, meeting new people and spending all day around second-hand books. Utter, utter bliss. The only cause for concern is that I may end up buying more books than I'm selling...but even so it's for a good cause so, roll on Monday and my first day!

Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment